YOUR TEETH MATTER
Call 07 3221 5855
At Edward Street Dental, it is our policy to see patients who have a dental emergency on the day of contact. Do not hesitate to seek urgent dental care if you experience any of the following symptoms:
Oral Health Emergencies
What is a Dental Emergency?
Essentially, through the eyes of our clients, this definition has great variation. It means different things to different people. We think everyone agrees though that a true dental emergency falls into these categories:
- Broken tooth - which is visible, or a cracked tooth that cannot be seen but is causing pain,
- Any severe dental pain,
- Any level of facial swelling, and
- Any uncontrolled dental or oral bleeding.
Over the many years of working in dentistry, we have observed that our clients often contact us for on the day emergencies for these types of situations:
- My tooth feels rough with my tongue, no there may not necessarily be any pain,
- My tooth is broken, out of sight, with no associated pain,
- I saw blood in my mouth when I brushed and/or flossed my teeth,
- I lost my orthodontic retainer,
- My tooth looks dark for some strange reason,
- I am overdue for my check-up,
- My breath has a bad smell, or
- I feel my wisdom teeth coming through.
Regardless of your emergency, you can be assured that we take any dental emergencies very seriously. We keep time aside in our schedule every working day for emergency dental work because our practice policy is to never turn away a client in need. Put simply, we guarantee to see your dental emergency on the day of contact.